Humans spend 90% of their time indoors. By indoors, its not only our homes, but can also be our offices or any other recreational areas. This has increased since the arrival of the pandemic and the work from home culture kicking in. All this leads to an increase in the importance of interior designing. A nicely designed interior that leaves a lasting impression on the visitors or the residents defines how they will feel about it and how productive they will become while staying in that interior. Having a beautifully defined interior also has a positive impact on our health.
The interiors of any living space is an art and the designers who specialize in this domain are the artist. The interior designers have a lot of responsibilities on their shoulders. They have to plan the design, research for materials that would fit their plan, inspect the area to be design, coordinate with their team and implement the design as per the plan. Interior designers are in great demand, which is ever increasing. As the technology comes into the picture, the interior designers are also beginning to make use of the same to make their task better and more efficient. One such technology is Artificial Intelligence. The industry is expected to grow by the day by embedding artificial intelligence into the systems.
We as consumers are using Artificial Intelligence in our day to day lives, whether knowingly or unknowingly. Our phones have AI powered technologies like Siri and Google Assistant which makes our lives easier through simple commands. More and more homes are having digital assistants like Alexa and Google Home which are nothing but AI tools through which we can control many of our everyday tasks. AI has made our lives easy in the above aspects. So why will the industry of Interior designing be left behind. Below are some benefits of using AI in Interior designing :
Quicker Rendering : The rendering of 3D images from the plan can be rendered more quickly with the help of AI. AI powered algorithms make the software used for rendering more efficient.
Stronger Lighting : AI can recreate any light. The lighting effect reproduced by AI is very simple and strong. Due to this, it is easier to develop AI powered video games and animated movies. Stronger and varied lighting can help designers to view their plans more efficiently
More Accessible : Most of the tools for AI are becoming more accessible to users even with little to no knowledge of CAD. Even an inexperienced person can use these tools to their advantage. This is helping more freelancers and students and homeowners to start a living by doing interior designing.
Now that we have seen the advantages of using AI, lets look at the AI powered tools available for interior designing service :
- Foyr Neo : This is the number 1 tool for interior designing. This suites all categories of people. This tool comes with a user interface that is easy to use even for naïve users. If you are a first timer with no experience in interior designing, you can start using this tool instantly. Its technology supports multiple formats like 3D view, room layout, paint pictures, space planning and so on. This software ensures that all the process happens within the cloud, meaning that you can access your files from anywhere.
- Autodesk Maya : Maya is one of the top designing platforms to pick if you want to give your users a movie like experience. It can be used to create augmented reality and virtual reality based designs. You can find many animated movie creators and game creators using Maya. The same can be used for interior designing. You can create a nice movie and give a VR kind of tour of the house to your clients.
- Autodesk 3Ds Max: Autodesk has many interior designing features inbuilt. But most of the applications are costlier to user and also it requires an experience to be used. Homeowners and newbies cannot benefit from this software as it is built only for professionals with some experience in the field.
- Homestyler: With this software, you can add furniture to your design which adds a more realistic view to your home as no home is complete without the furniture. You can choose the furniture which compliments the colour palette of your interior. This software has very limited features though and is suitable for newbies, freelancers and homeowners.
- Planner 5D : This tool is an absolute beauty for people who like elegant home designs. It has various features like 3D designing and floor plans. It is free to use but you need to buy premium to unlock more features. The software is built for amateurs. It is cloud based so you don’t have to worry about storage.