What are the five most popular types of digital marketing?
Digital marketing is the type of marketing that uses internet, phone and other social platform mediums for the advertisement of one’s product or services. Digital marketing has risen in popularity in recent times as people are spending most of their time on one or the other social media platforms. This gives an opportunity for brands to collaborate with the social media company to promote their features and services. Digital marketing also helps to reach out to a wider audience as people are connected with each other on social media. As digital marketing becomes more and more provident, below are the 5 most popular types :
- Pay per click (PPC) : Pay per click is a digital marketing model which is used to drive traffic from some other website to your website. An advertiser who wants to benefit from this strategy pays a popular search engine like Google Ads, Microsoft Ads etc when the ad is clicked. The search engines, in return displays the ad of the advertiser when anyone searches for anything included keywords or search phrases bid by that business. You must have seen this on the very top of any search result that the first two or more links on the page are marked with the keyword “Ad”. When a user click on those, he is redirected to the advertiser’s page and the advertiser pays Google for each of these clicks.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) : Search Engine optimization, as the name suggests, is a tactic where a website owner optimizes his website so that when any user searches for related keywords, his website appears on the top of the search engine result pages. This is typically done by using appropriate keywords throughout the website, in the headers or in the description tags. This doesn’t mean that the website should be full of these keywords without relevant content. Content is still the king and websites should be a mix of relevant content and keywords. Usually, business rely on third party SEO companies to achieve this. An SEO company helps the business to write the content in a specific way as to include all the appropriate titles and keywords and to help bring their website on the top.
- Social Media Marketing : How often does it happen that you are just scrolling past your timeline on Facebook or Instagram and you see an ad campaign. This kind of social media marketing is very popular these days and apps like these also take inputs from user’s other applications such as shopping apps and also their demographic data like age, gender etc to know their interest and display the ads relevant to that.
- Content Marketing : Content marketing is the type where a company does not directly sell its services or products, but provides information and details about them in other content that may help potential customer to become curious and try out their products. This way, brands can indirectly attract the customers to their website, and it also helps to improve the SEO of the brand’s website.
- Email/Phone Marketing : When we talk about the word digital, the first thing that went digital were mails and phone calls and messages. So how can marketing through these medium be left behind. Everyday, there are millions of emails and messages being circulated advertising the products of one brand or the other. We usually see our inboxes flooded with these kind of mailers. Although most people may the least attention to the advertisement messages or phone calls, yet it is one of the most popular types of digital marketing out there.
To summarize, digital marketing is the way to go to promote and advertise your business and now a days, there are specific Digital Marketing company that specialize in this and can help to grow your business.