Sophos Firewall is a powerful firewall that provides comprehensive protection powered by synchronized security. This firewall exposes hidden users, threat risks and applications on the network. It has the ability to respond automatically to incidents related to security. This product offers ultimate firewall performance and control.
Sophos firewall has an overall rating of 4.6 and is recommended by 88% users. It rates 4.7 in evaluation and contracting, 4.6 in integration and deployment, 4.5 in service and support and 4.7 in product capabilities.
Sophos Firewall has excellent reviews from the users as it offers magnificent protection and is a powerful network firewall in affordable suite.
The features offered by the firewall are:
- Policy management: Provides network security features to customize network access rules, workflows and compliance requirements.
- Logging and reporting: Captures logs for all the functions of firewall, stores information, activities and incidents for
- Concurrent sessions: Determines the number of connections a firewall is able to track and facilitate securely.
- Load balancing: Monitors traffic and distributes resources and scales infrastructure workloads to match incoming traffic.
- Continuous analysis: Contantly monitors traffic and activity. Detects anomalies in user accessibility, functionality, traffic flows and tampering.
- Intrusion detection and protection: Enforces security parameters to prevent unauthorized access.
- URL Filtering : Provides access control tools to categorize and block traffic and match traffic to firewall policies.
- Availability : Deploys firewalls configured in sync to prevent network failure and provide business continuity.
Fortinet Firegate is an innovative firewall that protects organizations from various types of web based network threats. It provides users with next generation firewall solutions that provide protection of every part of the network without exception.
Fortinet Firegate is the number 1 solution in best firewalls. Users have given Fortinet an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. It is popular among the large large enterprise segment. The top industry which uses this solution are professionals from a communication service provider.
The features offered by Fortinet Firegate are :
- AI-powered Security : Protect your branch, data center and cloud with environment scalable features.
- Deep visibility : See applications, users and devices even they are encrypted.
- Machine Learning : Build operational efficiencies into your environment and support overloaded IT teams.
- Security Processor Units : Fotigate ties fey functions such as TLS decryption, IDS/IPS to specialized ASICs so that you can deliver optimal and secure experiences to the stakeholders.
- Forticare: Per device support services provide access to over 1400 experts and ensure efficient and effective operations and maintenance of Fortinet capabilities.
- Network convergence : Connect and protect any edge at any scale with fully integrated network capabilities.
Fortinet Firegate vs Sophos
Fortinet firegate and Sophos Firewall have more or less the same user rating in terms of ease of deployment, service, support and return of investment. When comes to features, both of them have their own pros and cons. Fortinet Firegate offers great features but is a little more complex and needs better reporting. On the other hand, Sophos provides a stable and complete firewall solutions but is weak in its integration with other products. Fortinet fortigate is a little costly when it comes to pricing, especially since each of its feature requires a separate license, while Sophos software is reasonably priced and also provides flexible pricing.