G Suite, also known as Google workspace or Google cloud workspace is a collection of cloud based tools for business developed by Google. G Suite offers many apps that can help any organization to boost the productivity and collaboration. It contains apps like Google Slide, that helps you prepare presentations for your business needs, Google Calendar to help manage your meetings, Google Sheets, Gmail etc.
Every organization, big or small is thriving to increase the productivity of its employees to the maximum and at the same time, reduce the time being spent on tasks that can be done with some shortcuts. While G Suite in itself is a tool to boost productivity, yet there are some tips that can be adopted to further improve the same using G Suite :
- Use Google Drive for larger attachments: While Google provided Gmail itself disallows any attachment beyond 25MB, it is still a good idea to proactively use Google Drive to send large attachments, even the ones that are exceeding 5MB. Following this practice can save a lot of space on Gmail and thus enable the mails to load quickly.
- Convert images to text using File Scanner : In the Google drive app, you can create new files from images by simple clicking on the plus icon and select scan. This feature works as a scanner and it reads the text from the image to create a written file document. Imagine the time you will save by not having to type the whole document. Isn’t it a great time saver.
- Use Voice typing: When you don’t have an image to scan for creating a document and you still want to save time, you can always use voice typing. Google’s speech to text convertor is built to convert your voice to words when creating a new document.
- Create documents with your team : Google workspace was built by keeping collaboration in mind. With this tip, you can co-edit the documents, be it spreadsheets or presentations within your team simultaneously. Changes and comments left by your teammates can be viewed live by everyone and there is also a record of the changes done by every member.
- Use Auto Response on Gmail : This feature can come in handy when you are flooded with incoming mails and are finding it difficult to respond to each one of them. You can also use it when you are Out Of Office.
- Send meeting invitations using Google Calendar : Gmail and Google calendar have a seamless integration. So you don’t need to worry about checking people’s schedule for holding a meeting. You can simply set a meeting, date, time and attendees and google calendar will automatically send the invite to them through Gmail.
- Have your Daily Agenda emailed to you : To boost your productivity, you can set your Google Calendar to send you your daily agenda of meetings first thing in the morning so that you can plan your day well ahead.
- Use Google Chat in Gmail : If you primarily use Google chat to communicate with your colleagues, you should know that for using it, you don’t have to explicitly open the google Chat. You can simply use the Google Chat inbuilt inside the Gmail application, this saving you the clutter of using multiple applications.
- Use Google Cloud Search : Cloud search is a part of Google Workspace that allows to bring the best in enterprise search. You can search through your company’s content, policies and much more. It also answers your queries and makes suggestions to help you.
That winds up our tips and tricks that can help you to improve your productivity while using Google Suite. Hope these were helpful to you and you can use them in future to save your time.